Sunday, January 10, 2010

CareVacations Blog is a Officially A Work in Progress

So I've decided I have a love/hate relationship with blogging.

What I love about blogging is reaching out to anyone and everyone who is interested in learning more about us... learning more about CareVacations. It always amazes me how far a blog on the internet can reach. I love following blogs; I follow the blogs of my friends who are documenting their families and children. I follow local businesses. I follow international businesses. I follow people who just like to talk about random things. It's so great that we all have the ability to share whatever we want, with whomever we want, near and far.

One of my favorite blogs is written by an acquaintance of mine; she's 35 years old and is a breast cancer survivor. She started blogging when she was diagnosed, she blogged her way through treatments, she continued sharing herself through her second round of treatments, and now she blogs as a survivor and an advocate for breast cancer awareness.

She started her blogging journey so she could keep her friends and family updated on her progress and quickly her blog became so much more. With more than 3000 followers now, whether one can relate to her story or not, she's an inspiration to many. Ahhhh, the power of blogging!

I love writing in blogs, even on the days when I have a little bit of writer's block. There's always something that can be said, but is it always worth reading? Maybe not, but that's the beauty of a blog. Read it, skip it, come back to it... it's whatever the reader wants to do. As the writer, I can simply say how much I love the weather outside, and it's OK. I really love blogging.

OK... so now for the hate... I don't like that word. He's the extreme DISLIKE I have for blogging. As much as I love to write in a blog, I'm new to the whole process of managing a blog, specifically, the technical stuff. I see a lot of creativity in the appearance of the blogs I read, and I can't seem to understand how to get mine to do some of those same things! I'll be the first to admit, I am not a creative person when it comes to visual things; I can't paint, I can't draw, I don't have "an eye" for much of anything... I'm just not there. But more than not being creative, I am NOT a technical person. I don't know anything about codes, widgets, hosting... makes me crazy just writing this!

So I'm seeking help from those around me; I'm seeking advice on how to customize this blog. Hang in there with me... hang in there with our blog... as we go through some changes. We're still CareVacations; we're still going to keep posting all our exciting (and maybe not-so-exciting, to some) happenings here. But we're going to keep improving the look and usability for our readers and followers.

Here's to a successful blogging enhancement effort and here's hoping I learn a few things along the way!

HAVE A GREAT DAY, EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment